Our Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment strategy is based on affording opportunity to the Black Community which had been previously disadvantaged and experienced seclusion in participating in the Economic activities. The aim is to conquer the imbalance of the past by transferring ownership, management and skills improving Black participation in the economy.
The BBBEE Pivotal Pillars are
– Management & Control
– Socio-economic development
– Preferential Procurement
– Employment equity
– Enterprise development
To date the Company ownership stands at 100% and 37,5% Black Woman
Liyema Drilling recognizes its role and responsibility towards the community especially those affected by the mining activities which happen within their areas, which is the reason we have committed to giving back through skills development, employment and preferential procurement so that local residents within areas we operate in can benefit.
An inclusive approach to BEE which deliberately advances previously disadvantaged
and affected communities as we are firm believers that Land belongs to the people
and they ought to benefit from any economic activity happening around them.
– The approach is rather one of not just doing something and ending there but it’s
about empowering communities so that they are able to have something to depend
on even after mining activities have been exhausted.
– We commit to funding sustainable projects and giving way to young entrepreneurs
to add value to them so they become assets for their communities.
To provide exceptional services to all our clients ensuring good QUALITY of work and prioritizing EMPOWERMENT of people.
- Employing and training employees
- Providing safe and efficient drilling equipment
- Safety and Health leader in the drilling business
- Ensuring that safety and quality is not compromised
- Leadership: Transfer skills and grooming people to reach greater heights.
- Integrity: Consistency in providing quality service.
- Partnership: To build sustainable relationships with clients and communities.
- Safety: No compromise, lives over profit
- Passion: Committed to giving back to groom future leaders.
- Accountability: Thriving to set a model where the drive is not only profits but making a difference.
- Innovation: To continuously improve way and be competitive so to be positioned with the best around the world.
Mr Rudi Roelofse has many years of experience in the mining sector and has been the CEO of Barron drilling for over 9 years, under his leadership the company has drilled successfully in different areas and is directly involved in the company’s operations.
Mr Pascal Mbambo has a B Com Accounting qualification, has worked for 21 years in the various spheres of financial accounting including but not limited to Project finance and financial management. He is currently in his 2nd year of Chartered Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA) qualification.
Mr Muzi Zwane has a strong background in operations spanning 16 years. He is well rounded in the Operations with international qualification obtained in Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland.
Mrs Thembane Bremji has vast experience in operations. She worked for 18 years in operations with a diploma in Rail Operations Management accredited by Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland and a diploma in Project Management from Oxbridge.
Mr Maqhawe Kunene has 10 year experience in different fields in Operations, Safety and Human resource management. He is currently working in the public sector focusing on programs of Social cohesion and Nation building. He is currently doing 2nd year of MBA with Regent Business School.
Miss Nozipho Nyawo has vast experience in operations. She worked for 14 years and has a Bachelor Degree in Business Administrative from Regenesis Business School, a Certificate in Employee Relations and SAMTRAC.
To LEAD and EXCEL in mining services, empowering affected communities
- To be the leading community drilling company in South Africa and the rest of Africa
- To empower women and youth
- Training of local people and prioritizing employment
- Job creation
- Sustainable income for local community